Saturday 12 May 2012

INSPIRING MOTHER'S DAY QUOTES



Once upon a memory
Someone wiped away a tear
Held me close and loved me,
Thank you, Mother dear.

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers!

"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold,
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be.

For the best mom
who always had a smile for me
I know we may be far apart right now
So here's a great big hug and kiss.

In an exam,
children were given to write an essay on mother. One child wrote: “Combination of million words
from 26 alphabets can never express my loving mom.”

You’ve seen me laugh
You’ve seen me cry
And always you were there with me
I may not have always said it
But thanks and I love you, mother!

Mother is an undying love,
A love beyond compare,
the one you take your troubles to,
she is the one who really cares.
Mother you are all of this and more,
I love you very much!

My mother, my friend so dear
Throughout my life you’re always near
A tender smile to guide my way
You’re the sunshine to light my day!

When you feel you are alone in the crowd,
When you think no one can understand you,
When your love is rejected by others,
And when you hate your life,
Just close your eyes and see,
The face that loves you
More than anyone else,
Who care for you in loneliness,
And dies when you cry.
She is no one, but your sweet loving mother.
Love your mom first, and always.

A mother serves her sugar with
A bit of peppermint
To clarify the passages
That carry what she meant
When she first set to bear a soul
Quite separate from her own,
Whom she would cherish, yet must teach
To live and die alone.

Make for me a place within your heart
On which I can depend. For only you
Touch the ancient wellsprings of my tears,
Home through all the wanderings of my years,
Eden that no other can renew,
Root I cannot rend through rage or art.

What the heart gives away is never gone, but kept in the hearts of others, from dusk to dawn. Love you from the core of my heart. Mother!

A mother is the truest friend we have,
when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us;
when adversity takes the place of prosperity;
when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us;
when trouble thickens around us;
still will she cling to us,
and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness,
and cause peace to return to our hearts.

Being a full-time mother is
one of the highest salaried jobs…
since the payment is pure love.
|| Mildred B. Vermont

Your arms were always open when I needed a hug.
Your heart understood when I needed a friend.
Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson.
Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.
|| Sarah Malin


There is no velvet so soft as a mother’s lap,
no rose as lovely as her smile,
no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.
|| Archibald Thompson

Many hugs
Only love, never anger
Teaching me
Helping me
Every smile when I was sad
Raising me to be strong
It spells Mother. Thanks for being you!

Smiles of happy sunshine,
Arms of everlasting love,
Touch of sweet roses,
There is magic in the air
Whenever you are there,
Mother, everything to you I owe,
May all pleasures of life come your way.

Your arms were always open when I needed a hug.
Your heart understood when I needed a friend.
Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson.
Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.

The miracle of life
nurtured by a woman
who gave us
love and sacrifice…
is MOTHER!

I regard no man as poor who has a godly mother || Abraham Lincoln

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness || Honore de Balzac

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts || Washington Irving

The mother loves her child most divinely, not when she surrounds him with comfort and anticipates his wants, but when she resolutely holds him to the highest standards and is content with nothing less than his best || Hamilton Wright Mabie

The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom || Henry Ward Beecher

A mother is a mother still, The holiest thing alive || Samuel Taylor Coleridge

For the hand that rocks the cradle,
Is the hand that rules the world.
|| William Ross Wallace

A mother understands what a child does not say.
|| Anonymous

Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother.
|| Ann Taylor

An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest.
|| Spanish Proverb

There's a lot more to being a woman than being a mother, but there's a hell a lot more to being a mother than most people suspect.
|| Roseanne Barr

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.
|| Anthony Brandt

A mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart a heart so large that everybody's grief and everybody's joy found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation
|| Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.